The Black Woman's Breast Cancer Survival Guide
Understanding and Healing in the Face of A Nationwide CrisisBook - 2017
Breast cancer is reaching epidemic levels, especially among Black women. This survival guide provides tools that women--Black women in particular--can use to identify and combat this all-too-common threat.
* Speaks from the perspective of a Black woman who has had breast cancer and is also an academic who researched breast cancer
* Provides current information and practical advice for beating breast cancer
* Explains tests and treatment options
* Includes information on research studies and outcomes for Black women with breast cancer
* Explores why Black women are more likely than women of any other race or ethnicity to develop aggressive and fast-growing breast tumors during their childbearing years